35 hours per week
From £13.56 per hour
(Additional enhancement for unsociable hours may apply)
We are looking for a warm, flexible and experienced Senior Community Support Worker to provide person-centred care and support in our Supported Living service in Oldham.
You’ll be passionate and motivated to assist service users with any aspect of their day-to-day living and to enjoy the best possible quality of life. You’ll help them change their lives for the better by involving them and their networks in working towards their aspirations.
As a Senior Support Worker you must be enthusiastic about the provision of services and have a good insight into current thinking and practice in the field.
You’ll have great skills in positive communication and engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people we support. You will also have skills in the assessment of needs along with positive and proactive risk management so that support planning for individuals demonstrates an active and fulfilling life with an emphasis on a ‘can do’ approach. It is expected that you will work flexibly to meet the needs of our service users base, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- To assist the Resource Manager in the daily operational management of the establishments, staff and resources. To compile rotas in line with allocations, current care plans, individualised budgets, CHC funding, etc.
- To provide supervision, guidance and direction to staff, including the induction of new members to the staff team.
- To assist and encourage individual development with regard to domestic and social and recreational skills, in order to attain set goals and to record outcomes and achievements towards independence.
- To maintain detailed written records of patterns of care and observations of service users. To take lead role in monitoring and reviewing relevant paperwork pertinent to individual service users.
- To assist in matters of household management which include cleaning, shopping, menu planning, and cooking, budgeting, laundry and safety/security issues.
[Please see full Role Profile in the vacancy's 'Information Pack' below]
For more information on the MioCare Group’s wide-ranging additional benefits package for staff (including a retail and leisure discount scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, childcare vouchers, life insurance policy, etc) please see the vacancy's 'Application Pack' below.
How to apply:
Please download the Application Form below and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively ring 0161 770 8777 to request a form via the post.