"Something tells me I'm into something good..."
Herman's Hermits were blasting out of the speakers on Monday 1st October. It was party time in Oldham as service users Stan, Sharon and friends joined staff and board members to celebrate the first birthday of our MILES@Ena Day Support Service.
One whole year!? Where's that gone!?
Not only that, we were also marking five years of the MioCare Group. It's no wonder the dancefloor was full with all that to cheer.
It prompted us to think on some achievements and milestones we've passed as a Group over that time. Here are a few that sprung to mind...
1) We are rated ‘Good’ by the CQC (Care Quality Commission) across our various services. Click 'Home' when you've finished reading this blog and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the reports, the latest from May 2018.
2) We have become a well-respected provider of Extra Care here in Oldham and have launched new services, including MILES@Ena - our Day Support Service based at our Ena Hughes Resource Centre in Failsworth.
3) In this new and integrated world of health and social care, the MioCare Group has now delivered over £4m worth of efficiencies.
4) Speaking of integration, we’re a member of the Oldham Cares alliance. By working differently with other organisations we’re aiming to join up the gaps between health and social care systems to make things better for the people of Oldham.
5) Since 2016 we have been a CIC - a Community Interest Company, committed to the principles that we use our assets to have a positive effect on Oldham and that the value we create is reinvested in the communities we serve.
We're looking forward to delivering lots more work, including many more parties and activities at MILES@Ena! If you'd like to know more about our Day Support Service or any of our other services then don't hesitate to get in touch - email email@example.com or call 0161 770 8777.